Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fashion Week!

I know I’m a little late as Paris fashion week is just now about to wrap up but I had to write a note about my favorite trends from the runways, so I’m starting up with New York. As in past years, I watched fashion week from my couch, pulling up photos of the collections online. While unfortunately, I have not yet been able to witness the collections in person, I still find myself getting excited and feeling strangely disappointed when the week is over. But, my whining is of no consequence. I definitely found tons of things that I would wear, things that inspired me, and things that I wouldn’t personally wear, but that were stunning to look at nonetheless.

One of my favorites of the week was Abaete. I love the flirty and playful aesthetic of the look. I also really love the pairing of a dressier skirt with a simple tee-shirt. The juxtaposition of the casual with the dressy is great. It makes the outfit more interesting.





Another designer that excited me was Derek Lam. I’ve been a big fan of his for a while now, and he definitely did not disappoint. Some of my favorites include a white, beautifully draped knee length dress, a strapless number with knotted bows on the bodice, and my new guilty pleasure, the sparkly dress. It’s kinda Studio 54, but I love it. It’s so fun and with this particular dress I really love the combination of the gold and black.










As far as gowns are concerned, my hands down favorite of the week was definitely J. Mendel. Mendel showed a gown in a few variations that I thought was absolutely stunning. The first was a lovely blue v-neck dress cinched at the waist with a big black bow, followed by a gorgeous plum, one shoulder gown, and a black v-neck gown with bow detailing on both shoulders (which was by far my favorite).










Other gowns that I loved include this long sleeved, red, Victoria Beckham number...




and this Carlos Miele one.




Speaking of Carlos Miele, I was absolutely in love with this dress as well. I love the rouching, and the detail on the shoulder.




One trend I’m loving right now is ruffles, and I am a big fan of the way Alice Temperly did them this year. Again, these ruffles may be a bit extreme, but they’re SO pretty….




There were lots of prints on the runway again this season. Some of my favorite printed ensembles of the week include this Tibi maxi dress.




I also loved this Tory Burch floral dress...




and this Matthew Williamson piece...




and lastly, this print from Nicole Miller.




Now, I have to end this post with this fantastic Halston dress. I know this collection didn’t get the best reviews, but I absolutely was in love with this piece. It’s sexy, but not too much so, and drapes beautifully.




There were tons of other pieces that I loved, but time doesn’t permit me to get to all of my favorites in one post. Next on the list: Milan fashion week. Stay tuned….

No comments:

Post a Comment