Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Trend: Jumpsuits/Rompers

Next on my list of cool spring trends is the jumpsuit/romper. I must admit, when I first realized that this look was making a comeback I was a little bit troubled. In the more recent past, this has not been a look that I found particularly stylish or flattering (Think the J.Lo denim jumpsuit). However, I have quickly become a convert. The jumpsuit/romper is done in so many different ways, that there is, I believe, an option for anyone who wants to try the look. Thankfully, the tight denim jumpsuit has not made a comeback. Instead these looks are much more chic and more reminiscent of the 70’s easier, version of the trend. Some jumpsuits/rompers that I’m craving include:

This adorable Ali Ro printed romper..




A black, hot pant, halter version of the look by Alice + Olivia...








And this more casual look by Haute Hippie.





If you’re still not convinced about this look, I’ve found one more option. This romper by Sumner is cool, because it gives the impression that you’re wearing two pieces instead of one. It may be a good transition piece for those who are still scared to completely commit.






No comments:

Post a Comment