Monday, July 27, 2009

Gilt Groupe Launches Gilt Fuse

There's not much that makes me happier than a good sale. Even when I'm broke, I find myself virtual shopping online looking for great deals. One of my favorite sites, which I blog about constantly, is Gilt.com. Gilt is one of many sample sale sites, but in my opinion is far and away the best. Although I have made quite a few purchases on the site, I often find myself clicking through photos of discounted merchandise wishing that I could buy more. I mean, the discounts are great, but in my world, at least, 65% off of $1500 is still way out of my price range. There are lower prices lines featured on the site, like Ali Ro, Edun, and DVF that I can sometimes afford, but there's tons of stuff that I can't.

I'm not alone in this unfortunate situation. Of Gilt Groupe's 1.2 million members, 250,000 log on twice a week and don't buy anything. More than half of Gilt's members are, like me, in their 20's and just can't afford to purchase higher priced items (even those on super sale).

In order to reach this demographic, next month, Gilt Groupe will launch Gilt Fuse which will feature lower priced items from brands like Generra, Diesel, and Laundry. While Gilt.com is already popular, this new site is sure to be a crowd pleaser. I personally can't wait to check it out!

To read more about Gilt Fuse, check out the New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/23/fashion/23ROW.html?scp=1&sq=Gilt%20Fuse&st=cse

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment