Thursday, May 28, 2009

Investment Piece: Chanel 2.55


Today I'd like to pay homage to what I think is, the most iconic handbag in fashion history, matched only, possibly, by the Birkin. However, if I had to choose one bag, the Chanel 2.55 would definitely be it. Created in February of 1955 by Coco Chanel, the bag has managed to be just as chic today, as it was back then. The 2.55 is the kind of bag that you can keep forever and wear at any age. There aren't too many other pieces that can stand the test of time like the 2.55. Although expensive, this classic bag, in my opinion, is the ultimate fashion investment. Most exciting is that there are so many variations of the bag to choose from. Each season, Chanel comes out with a new and modern design of the bag. This one is my current favorites:




"Fashion fades, only style remains the same. " -Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment